Community Center Rentals
Whether it be for a family gathering, non-profit event, wedding, or business programming, the Lake Stevens Community Center is available to rent! It’s conveniently located at 1808 Main Street (next to City Hall and North Cove Park) and has a beautiful view of the lake. For more information, including availability, and to make reservations, call City Hall at 425-334-1012.
A few things of note: the maximum capacity is 81 people, and the facility does have table, chairs, and a restroom. If you do find you will need insurance, it’s important to allow enough time for the insurance company to process the application, typically 2-3 weeks.
Fees Schedule – Fees Subject to Change
|Non-Profit Community Interest Groups**||$5/hour|
|Public utilities and any instrumentality of the United States, State of Washington, or political subdivision thereof with respect to the exercise of governmental functions.||Free|
Rules and Regulations for Rental of the Facility
- If the City requires general liability insurance coverage, events shall be required to provide proof of insurance in compliance with the Facility Use Permit rules 10 days prior to the event (see 6. Insurance below). If applicant requests additional time (less than 10 days prior to the event) to provide proof of insurance, a City expedite fee of $25 will be charged. If proof of insurance is not provided, the event will be cancelled.
- *Local user is a group whose coordinator or assigned member is a resident of the City of Lake Stevens.
- **Non-Profit Community Interest Groups devoted to community interest whose activities generally take place within the geographical confines of the City of Lake Stevens. Examples include, but are not limited to: Girl Scouts, Lake Stevens Historical Society and Lake Stevens Rowing Club. Non-profit group is defined as being registered with the Secretary of State as a non-profit.
- A minimum security deposit of $25 MAY be required of users when, in the judgment of the facilities scheduler, the type of activity use may necessitate such a deposit.
- In case of a cancellation, a written ten-day advance notice must be received to qualify for a refund.
- Insurance: On the General Liability Insurance coverage the City of Lake Stevens shall be named as "Additional Insured” for the Community Center, 1808 Main St., Lake Stevens, WA 98258, on the Certificate of Insurance. The sponsoring organization or individual signing the application shall provide a certificate of insurance evidencing the required insurance before using the premises. The sponsoring organization/or individual signing this application shall procure and maintain for the duration of “the agreement”, insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property, which may arise from or in connection with the use of the premises. The insurance policy shall contain, or be endorsed to contain that the applicant’s insurance coverage shall be primary insurance in respect to the City. Any insurance, self-insurance, or insurance pool coverage maintained by the City shall be excess of the Lessee’s insurance and shall not contribute with it.
- You may obtain coverage through your carrier or you can contact Washington Cities Insurance Authority at (206) 575-6046 or P.O. Box 88030, Tukwila, WA 98138. The General Liability insurance shall be written with limits no less than $1,000,000 each occurrence, $2,000,000 general aggregate. The General Liability insurance shall cover the premises, products-completed operations and contractual liability. Insurance is to be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best rating of not less than A:VII.
- Indemnification/ Hold Harmless
- The sponsoring organization or individual signing the application shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, or liabilities for injury or death of any person, or for loss or damage to property, which arises out of the use of the premises, or from any activity, work or thing done, permitted, or suffered by the sponsoring organization or individual signing the application in or about the premises, except only such injury or damage as shall have been occasioned by the sole negligence of the City of Lake Stevens.
- Smoking shall not be permitted except in outdoor facilities.
- The sponsoring organization or individual signing this application shall be responsible for leaving the premises clean, neat and free from damage or abuse. Any damage to a room, furniture, equipment or other property owned by the City shall be charged to said organization or individual. A security/damage deposit may be required
- Plans for decorating must have the City's prior approval. Decorations, which permanently alter the appearance or inflict damage to the facilities, are prohibited. All decorations shall be removed by the sponsoring organization or individual signing the application when the activity is completed, including staples and other fastening materials.
- If a group or individual brings its own food to the premises, it assumes all responsibility for the preparation, serving and consumption of the same and shall hold the City harmless from any liability arising therefrom. This kitchen is not approved by the Health District therefore, no food preparation in the kitchen is allowed for public consumption.
- Alcoholic Beverages are prohibited in a public place as provided for in RCW 66.44.100.
- Entertainment involving acoustical or amplified music must have prior approval from the City.